Thursday, 4 September 2008

A great welcome back to Denmark

A small group of my friends and family in Svostrup Kro

As many of you probably already know, Nitoli and I, have now returned to India after a busy but fantastic trip home to Denmark to celebrate our (second) wedding with family and friends. This is the first of a series of posts showing different aspects of this trip.

Our arrival in Denmark started off on a great note when my brother had organised a surprise joined bachelor/bachelorette event for us. Since our friends are pretty spread out across the globe we had not planned for anything and were not expecting anything. But my brother had gotten in touch with a few of my really good friend and also the rest of my siblings + spouses were there.

Thankfully, it was not a wild or - as is often the tradition in Denmark - a humiliating program. We just went bowling before going for dinner to the old Svostrup Kro ("Kro" means something like "country inn") from which I will show a few pictures. This inn, which I visited for the first time, has been kept in the traditional heavily decorated Danish style of the first half of the 20th century, before Scandinavian minimalism took hold and became a global design trend. Personally, I like the old style better.

As it is custom we as future bride and groom were not allowed to pay for anything - good thing since we had enough expenses for the rest of our wedding celebrations :o)

The old cash register surrounded by nick-knacks

The old wine cellar (photo by my brother Morten Agersnap)

All of us in the corner of the main dining hall

Nitoli also found some other company

Svostrup kro from the courtyard at late dusk

Nitoli

1 comment:

Webmaster said...

Hi Esben, first of all plzz accept my congratulations for the lot of information and snaps of different locations. I like too much this entire blog, I would like to see nearby some of places. any way thanks a lot.

Thanks
QROPS