Saturday, 10 May 2008

Portraits from Hola Mohala

Elephant riders in Anandpur Sahib

During our stay in Anandpur Sahib we met many interesting people, many of which insisted that I'd take a portrait of them. So my last post from the Hola Mohala will be a few of the most interesting of these portraits. Most of them are of men since they are generally much more keen on having their pictures taken by women.







Apart from all the men there was this one young lady, who didn't say a word yet tried eagerly to communicate with me.

4 comments:

oreneta said...

These are amazing portraits..people really ask you to take their picture? Do you pay them? Too bad you can't give them a copy.

Esben said...

Hi Oreneta,

Yes, when people see my camera they really do approach me to have their picture taken. I never pay anything and neither is it expected. In fact most of these people seem grateful that I even want to take a picture of them. Some people ask for copies thinking that my camera can print the pictures. Few people have email so I can't normally send it electronically.

Oxhomiya Jeet said...

Stunning portraits Esben!

Esben said...

Thanks :)