Tuesday, 4 December 2007

Road Trip, part 3: Lakes and Rivers of Rupsu Valley

A marshy area near a lake, Rupsu Valley, Ladakh.

Firstly my apologies for not updating for a while. I have been busy servicing a Danish delegation here in Delhi, so other priorities had to take a backseat for a while. But now I am back to go on with my Ladakh pictures. Last time I focused on the dry steppes of Rupsu, but there are also some lakes, streams and marshland giving some variation to the landscape. At this point I had become rather sick with altitude sickness, so in my delirium I was unable to keep track of which lakes were which. I just took pictures whenever I saw something beautiful. So I post some of them here without any caption:






On this last picture it is worth noting that the white stuff is not ice or snow, but rather salt. I don't know why, but this lake has salt rather than fresh water in it.

Finally a nomadic camp shot through the jeep window. I guess it actually belonged in my previous post but I forgot to include it, so here it is.

No comments: