Tuesday, 25 December 2007

My Third Diwali in India

Outside our house, GK-1, New Delhi

As I write this I am sitting in my parents' kitchen enjoying a lovely Christmas holiday in Europe. But, as always, my blog is lagging behind so now it's time to continue my posts from the festive season with November's Diwali celebrations. This was my third Diwali in India. I won't write much about Diwali (If you want to read what it's all about you can check last year's post here), but rather just show some pictures of all the lights and fireworks you see in the streets on Diwali night. All pictures were taken in our own colony, GK-1.








6 comments:

joan said...

Stopping by to wish you and yours a Happy New Year! All the best for 2008. I've enjoyed reading about your adventures this past year.

Esben said...

Hi Joan. Best wishes for you and your loved ones as well.

traveller one said...

HI Esben! Great photos once again! I've given you a Purple Lion Award on my blog! Hope you like it!

Di Mackey said...

Beautiful photographs! I'm glad Kim sent her readers your way :)

Esben said...

Traveller one,

Thank you so much for the Lion. Already thinking hard about who to nominate.

di mackey,

Glad you liked my photos. Feel free to come back any time :)

Esben said...

Oh and I just spent a lot of time looking through your photography site di mackey. Very nice to study the work of a pro like yourself. Liked it a lot. Great portraits (something I want to do more of myself).