Thursday, 25 October 2007

In the Summer House

I also spent a couple of days with by parents, brothers, sister, nephew and niece. Here you see my little brother Ole reading a book outside the summer house on a very nice summer day. Doesn't it look idyllic?

One of the great things about our summer house is all the nature it is surrounded by. My family has a long tradition of going to the forest hunting for cantarels. In the picture above Rikke and my father are scouting for the delicious mushrooms, while Morten pushes Johanne in her wheelchair (she walks fine, but has trouble with long distances).

Inside a pine plantation where only a few rays of sun reach the ground. With all the moss here, this is prime cantarel land.

And this is what we hunt for. Truth be told I'm not as good at finding these as most of my family members, but this bunch was all mine.

When you walk around looking down at the ground you see a lot of other things as well, such as this incredibly well camouflaged frog. Actually it was my nephew Asbjørn, who found this one. He is a very observant boy.

Asbjørn and Johanne playing on a forest road. It can be very hard dragging these kids along when it's time to move on.

My father and Rikke standing under the natural disco light of the forest.

A red Danish squirrel. Unlike their Indian cousins these are quite shy and fairly rare to spot. So I was happy to get a good picture of one :o) More from the summer house to come...

1 comment:

adam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.