Sunday, 2 July 2006

My (Passive) Artistic Genes

I admit it - I am not the most artistic person in the world. But there must be some creativity hidden somewhere in my genes (which perhaps explains my recently found interst in photography), which I will demonstrate in this posting by showing a couple of photos I took of some paintings done by my family. The first two were made by my great great grandfather Hans Agersnap and the last two by my mother's aunt Søs.

The first picture my Hans Agersnap, showing a sunset scene. Hans Agersnap (1857-1925) became quite a famous painter and I have previously written about a review the famous Danish author Jeppe Aakjær wrote about one of his exhibitions. Check it out here (in Danish).

And here a winter landscape, also by Hans Agersnap. I apologize for the reflections in the paint making the upper left corner a bit hard to see.

And now a painting my my great aunt Søs, who is an amateur painter who is still alive and well today at the age of 91 years, which I will show you in my next post.

And the last picture showing a girl preparing a meal in a simple kitchen.

No comments: