Tuesday, 2 May 2006

Al Ain - Oasis Town

I decided to see more of the United Arab Emirates than just Dubai so I went to the border town of Al Ain, situated in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. Al Ain is a nice, modern city notable for it's large oasis and some old buildings, which of course were made here because of the oasis. Part ofhe architectural heritage I will show in my next post.

This is one large roundabout in the city. As can be seen it is clean, well kept and filled with flowers palm trees and water fountains. Most of the city looks like this.

One of the many large, beautiful mosques in Al Ain.

Inside the oasis. Only in the UAE would you expect to find a spotless walkway through the oasis!

Here I am climbing into one of the countless date palms using the traditional equipment. Good experience although I didn't make it all the way to the top.

No comments: