Thursday, 2 February 2006

The end of a chapter, a new one begins

I'm sitting here in my apartment slightly past midnight as I write these lines. I just said my farewells to both Thøger and Steffen, the two guys with whom I have shared the last 6 months' experiences. This started out as just another day, but suddenly it has dawned on me that as of tonight life as I know it will be completely changed. This is also my last night in my own bed in Vasant Vihar. As of tomorrow it will be someone else's room. The same people are no longer there. And soon my term at the embassy ends and my tour of India begins. After this 12-week tour I go home to writing my thesis, which will also be unlike anything I have done before. So at this hour suddenly the emotions of everything changing and nothing ever being the same again appear. It is indeed a bittersweet sensation, but starting tomorrow morning I will try to make the best of it. Now I just want to sleep...

1 comment:

Jeffer Shen said...

However, I became addicted to watching the pulse of its 21,600 beat rolex replica uk engine every time I checked the time, and found myself doing it more and more, for no reason! The partial skeleton window on the Orient Producer is placed somewhat asymmetrically, which I haven't totally made up my mind about; I can't decide if it replica watches sale looks messy, or creates an intriguing visual tension against the vertical striping on the dial A few things, however, made me enthusiastic about rolex replica uk the Orient Producer. First, It's nicely sized around 39mm, especially as square watches are often much smaller. I also liked the deco styling of the case, the rolex replica finish and its play of the geometric planes of steel is nicely finessed; again, it evokes a prestige watch like the hublot replica sale Reverso without becoming an overt homage. The Orient Producer has its own personality: it gives a sly nod to history, rolex replica uk works as a dress watch, but isn't trying to fool anyone that you're wearing a more expensive watch than you are, it has its own personality hublot replica regardless of cost.