Tuesday, 17 January 2006

Flight of the eagle

Here's one more picture from Jodhpur. I guess it could have been taken anywhere so I make it it's own post. We were eating lunch at a rooftop restaurant, and we noticed an eagle circling unusually close to us. I decided to get out my camera and try to take a picture. Just as I had gotten ready the eagle flew by me at about 2-3 metres distance. I desperately tried to follow it and clicked, having no idea whether I got anything. This is the result. It was flapping its wings but it is caught here in a moment where the wings extend horizontally from its body. However the three main steering feathers of the wing still haven't followed down. I show the original picture, and a close up where you can see a little piece of meat in the birds' beak.

No comments: