Tuesday, 10 January 2006

"Esben in the great big world" now also in english!

Since I know many anglophone people, who might like to follow my weblog every now and then I have made the decision to start writing at least some of my articles and captions in english. It is not a decision I have made without a bit of agony since I am a strong believer in preserving and strengthening my mother tongue. However in a globalized world where friendships and personal bonds increasingly transcend borders and cultures it would be nice to share my experiences with that big share of my friends and other contacts, who do not understand danish. Also I know from stats on my page that many people from around the world stumble upon my weblog and I would like to give them a chance to understand what it is all about. And I think most danes know english well enough to have absolutely no trouble understanding my simple english.

No comments: